Saturday 18 January 2014

Title of the Magazine

After analysing the names of other, successful music magazines, I have decided on my magazine name.
I decided to research 4 titles:
Verse
Replay
Echo
Base Junkie

Verse definition- writing arranged with a metrical rhythm, typically having a rhyme
Replay definition- play back (a recording on tape, video, or film)
Echo-
a sound or sounds caused by the reflection of sound waves from a surface back to the listener.

Base Junkie- low pitch family of instruments. An addict.
My favourite out of the titles above are Replay and Base Junkie.
For a person to replay a song, they have the desire to hear it again. This suits the nature of a magazine as it suggests somebody would have the desire to want to read it again as they enjoyed it. I feel this simple name would be easy to remember and suited to a hip-hop theme. It sounds urban and could be edgy with the right images and model alongside. This does not suggest a specific genre of music and therefore is diverse.

Base Junkie implies that someone would get addicted to my magazine; it sounds edgy and is brave to use a name with such a bad association as it is mainly used when concerning drugs. The 'Bass' part of the name refers to the musical content of the magazine and it therefore suited. I feel I could do a lot with the text for this name to suit the hip-hop intended nature of the mag. This is diverse and funky.

After research, I decided to name the magazine Base Junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment