Saturday 18 January 2014

Target Audience research








After researching 'Clash' magazine, I found out their target audience is 18-35 year olds. It also attracts audiences with an interest in film and fashion.






i-D magazine has the intended target audience of people aged 15-24. Dedicated to music, youth culture and fashion.

I have concluded from my research that i want to aim my magazine at those between 16-24 and both male and female. People who listen to Hip-Hop music tend to listen to radio and TV stations such as MTV Base and Radio 1 as these stations play a lot of hip-hop sounds. My target audience of a hip-hop mag would usually purchase branded items of clothing and have an interest in the latest trends and brands which are popular. This audience would most likely have a part time/full time job and would have a reliable source of income, this would enable me to price my magazine at around a healthy £3.99. This is a fair price and would be reasonable for the target audience if they are being provided with information of interest to them. Despite XXL having a slightly higher price of £5.

No comments:

Post a Comment